How to get started on card making today!
1.) Gather your supplies!
The first thing you have to do is forage through your house and find all art supplies. This includes stamps, scissors, construction paper, markers, stickers, buttons, ribbons, etc. Anything you can imagine being stuck on a card.
- Sort through it and pitch all unusable materials. Ex. markers that don’t work anymore, tattered paper, etc.
2.) Head out on your bike, car, tractor, donkey and buy more supplies!
Essentials every card maker needs:
- blank white card — this is very important. It makes your life 56x easier. You might as well stock up.
- quality card stock of various colors and patterns
- alphabet stamp set
- basic greeting stamp set (happy birthday, thank you, congrats, happy anniversary, merry christmas, etc. )
- adhesive roller, double sided tape
If you are willing to spend more for the non-essentials:
- Any fun stamps that strike your fancy
- Whole punches are really helpful
Where do I go?
- My first recommendation is Michael’s (they have everything!)
- An online option is Stampin’ Up (It’s more expensive but has quality you can’t beat.)
- Others include: Target, Wal Mart, Hobby Lobby, etc.
3.) Make the cards
- If you get stuck, look on pinterest or even google images for
- Be creative and don’t be afraid to try daring combos
- Once you are making them for a while you will start to know what you need / want.